Department: Inside Sales
Reports to: Branch Manager
Purpose of the job:
Provide service excellence and be a trusted advisor to our prospects and customers by accurately and efficiently fulfilling their fluid power needs. Our Customer Service Teams work in partnership with our outside sales, procurement, and suppliers to grow our business with existing customers, develop and gain new customers and exceed our monthly sales goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly provide accurate product information, including pricing, availability and lead time to address Customer needs
- Route non-standard or technically complex Customer inquiries to appropriate Customer Service Representative for resolution
- Create quotes and sales orders in primary business system software
- Utilize supplier internet portals to obtain current product information
- Follow up with Customers to provide accurate delivery dates and updated order status
- Understand and follow appropriate work processes.
- Escalate issues to appropriate management or technical level
- Maintain Customer information such as contacts and order preferences
- Other duties may be required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude required
- Ability to be courteous and have a positive attitude
- Good listening & clarification skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be detail oriented and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to build and maintain long term relationships
- Ability to continuously improve knowledge
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of various computer programs including MS Office computer programs
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and related experience is preferred
3-4 years customer service experience in industrial or fluid power environment, tele sales, or outside sales, or a combination of the two, along with product knowledge of fluid power products and repairs.
Physical/ Environmental Demands:
- Standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time
- Use of hands and arms to touch, lift, reach, etc.
- Ability to lift packages, boxes, files, and open filing cabinets and storage areas
- Talking and hearing
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
Or email us at email@example.com